Organising training programs in the field of Entrepreneurship Development;
Management Development, Skill & Technology upgradation, Small Industries Management Assistants Program, Computer Training ,Software Development, Project report preparation, Consultancy etc.
Physical Infrastructure Facilities offered to Entrepreneurs:
- Nursery units with adequate infrastructure,
- Internet leased line facility , ISDN line for video conferencing, Connectivity to Campus-Wide-Networking with optical fibre cable,
- laboratories and testing facilities (in NITK), liaison between educational/research institutions,
- continuous power supply, computer laboratory with 15 nodes and 2 servers,
- Lecture and discussion rooms, Seminar hall with audio -visual facility and Fax. Internet lab. facility with 10 machines is provided for more than 12 hours a day.
Existing Incubatees and Area of Work:
- 10 start up companies working in IT (Products/Services related), Electronics, Robotics and Mechanical Engineering disciplines
Innovator Projects cleared by TePP Screening Committee and under implementation:
- Development of Aracnut Grading Machine (to meet an export oriented needs of an important rural based agricultural product of this region)
- Highly Flexible Stepper Motor Controlled Diamond Bruiting Machine
- Multi Purpose Mosquito Trap
- Aracnut tree climbing & Harvesting Robot
- A New Ocean Wave Energy Harvesting System
- Energy Efficient Electromagnetic Motor
TePP Projects Cleared and under implementation in Bio-Tech area :
- Simultaneous production of multiple digestive enzymes from microbial sources
- Nutraceutical composition containing egg yolk derived anti-diarrhoeal agent
INNOVATORS FUNDING CAMP THROUGH TePP, an event held at Hubli, Karnataka, organized jointly by NITK-STEP & KCCI, Hubli and sponsored by DSIR, New Delhi.:
Chief Guest Prof. H.P Khincha, Vice Chancellor, Visveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum, delivering the keynote address sharing his insightful experience on managing innovation at academia.
Dr. A.S. Rao, Advisor & Head TePP Division, DSIR, New Delhi, discussing project proposal of an innovator.